Word on the street is, my book is done.
And I can say is, phew.
Not that it was incredibly stressful to write a book-Iâ€™m still pinching myself that I had the opportunity-and it was actually easier than I thought it would be, but I just felt like all of my mental energy and spare time went into finishing it up.
So Iâ€™m looking forward to clearing the slate mentally and deciding what Iâ€™d like to focus on next. Iâ€™m a big “next step” person and I love the prospect of tackling my next project. So, here goes:
1. Expand my consulting business. Iâ€™ve been talking with my brother about going into business with him doing some social media and business consulting, so Iâ€™d like to explore that a little. Iâ€™d love the chance to work with some local businesses to take some of the knowledge about social media and blogging Iâ€™ve learned along the way.
2. Offer a webcast. I wrapped up a great class on “How To Write Your Non-Fiction Book Proposal” with some dedicated and hardworking students, and Iâ€™d love to offer the class again in shorter, more compact session. I think it might be easier for more people to benefit from it. Your thoughts?
3. Teach a freelance writing class. For the past three months, I have consistently brought in enough income from writing to *just about* equal what I would make as a full-time nurse. Itâ€™s awesome! So Iâ€™m teaching another class on “How to Start a Home-Based Freelance Writing Career” at a local college over the summer, and Iâ€™d like to offer an online version as well.
4. Explore medical writing. One of my most enjoyable and profitable projects recently was writing for a medical company-I think the market there is huge and Iâ€™d like to brainstorm some ways I can tap into more medical writing. Put that BSN to good use, my friends.
5. Made an additional $1,000 a month. Yup, I said it. Iâ€™m hoping the medical writing and the consulting can make that happen.
6. Take a writing workshop. Iâ€™d love to find a workshop that specifically focuses on the nitty-gritty aspects of writing; I write a lot, but I havenâ€™t really taken the time to polish and hone the craft. Iâ€™d like to dive in to some nuts-and-bolts of writing. Iâ€™m attending BlogHer `13 this July, but Iâ€™d love to find a workshop or conference that caters more specifically to writing.
7. Start my next book. I already have the idea fleshed out in my mind and Iâ€™ve already emailed an agent about it. Fingers crossed!!
As far as personal goals, I want to keep running and find some activities for the girls to do over the summer, besides spending as much time in the pool as possible! Gotta keep these kids busy!
Whatâ€™s on tap for your month?